Tuesday 28 April 2015

Butterfly birthday card

This card is a collaborative effort (my 9 yo daughter visited the craft room one night during the school holidays and would have just burst if I didn't let her help LOL!):



The sentiment is from the new Happy Birthday set by Darkroom Door, and the beautiful chipboard butterfly is from Your Creative Wings.

The butterfly has been covered with Metallic Melts, an awesome product made by my mate Beck Beattie. The best way to describe it is an embossing enamel with shimmer. I covered the chipboard shape with Versamark ink, sprinkled on the Patina Metallic Melts, heated it with a heat gun until it was melted and while it was still hot, I stamped the Darkroom Door Flourish Texture stamp into it. In typical fashion, the stamp was a little dirty from my last project, so the butterfly ended up with some brown in her wings, but my daughter was just delighted with the result, so I just rolled with it :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!